Guest Contributor Guidelines
We are honored that you are considering writing a post for our blog audience on Hometown Authors. Here you will find the most important considerations for ensuring your post is approved for use.
All posts must adhere to editorial guidelines and standards found below:
Our Author Tips are scheduled to release every Tuesday. Please email your post to Jennifer Kulman at email@example.com no later than 5:00pm ET, the Friday before your scheduled publish date.
Example: If you are scheduled to publish on Tuesday, November 22nd, submit by 5:00pm on Friday, November 18th.
- In order to write a guest post on our blog, you must be an author on Hometown Reads with an active book page.
- All submissions will be reviewed and scheduled in the order that we receive them.
- The post must be your original work that has not been previously published online or in print.
- We prefer that you keep your word count between 500–750 words.
- Post should contain content about book marketing. Please share practical book marketing strategies that you have found useful when promoting your work.
- We will provide an image for the post.
- Please provide a brief (3-4 sentences) bio with your submission.
- Please send a current, high-resolution head shot (1200 x 1500 pixels, PNG or JPG).
Once the post goes live on the Hometown Authors blog, you may re-use on another site 30-days from the original publish date. You must include a link back to the original post on the Hometown Authors blog and state:
“A version of this post originally ran on the Hometown Authors site on [insert date here].”
A member of the Hometown Reads team will manage comments to your post within 24 hours. We ask that you share your post on your social media networks. It’s a great way to expand the post’s influence.
Have questions? Our team is ready and willing to assist you with any questions. Do not hesitate to reach out to us with concerns. Thank you for your contribution!